Lê Hoàng Nguyên (LHN) College Scholarship
The Lê Hoàng Nguyên (LHN) Scholarship is intended to provide scholarships to outstanding graduating high school seniors attending college in the upcoming fall semester. Awards are based on academic merit, personal integrity, leadership aptitude, and future career goals. One award will be given each year in the amount of $500 and will be presented to the recipient’s university, in the recipient's name upon, verification of enrollment.
Mr. Lê Hoàng Nguyên, known philanthropist and businessman, is a long-time Houstonian and a 1993 graduate of Texas A&M University. While at Texas A&M University, Mr. Lê learned many valuable life lessons including the importance of hard work, integrity, camaraderie and loyalty. Wanting to encourage others to share in the experiences and valuable lessons of a college education, he founded the Lê Hoàng Nguyên Scholarship Foundation with the intention of annually awarding the LHN Scholarship to future leaders.
Requirements for high school seniors applying for LHN Scholarship:
- Be a resident of the state of Texas
- Be a graduating high school senior with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Be ranked in the top 10% of graduating high school class
- Attend the first semester at an accredited college or university immediately following notification of the scholarship award
- Be of Vietnamese descent
- Students may be required to participate in an in-person interview
In an essay of no more than 750 words, develop and title a response based on one of the following two questions:
Option #1: Describe accomplishments that illustrate your aptitude for leadership.
Option #2: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Application Process ChecklistOnline Process:
- Complete online application form.
- Upload resume with online application (Only one needed for all scholarships).
- Upload essays with online application
- Scan and upload high school transcript (unofficial transcripts are acceptable)
- Submit recommendation online (Only one needed for all scholarships): Recommendation Form
All questions can be directed to email@example.com
Deadline: May 31, 2015