VASF Cultural Bridges Fellowship Application
- Cultural Bridges Fellowship - Online Application Form
- Cultural Bridges Fellowship - Recommendation Form
A complete Cultural Bridges Fellowship application will include the following components:
- list of related academic coursework
- relevant work or volunteer/public service experiences
- related honors/awards
The personal statement questions are your opportunity to express why you are interested in this fellowship experience. The selection committee is interested in both your personal and academic reasons for applying to this program. Please ensure that you are thorough and specific in your responses to the questions. Respond to each question separately; each response should be approximately one paragraph (4 to 5 complete sentences) in length.
- What are your personal motivations for applying for this fellowship?
- How have you prepared for the fellowship?
- How do you envision this fellowship experience will contribute to your academic or future career success?
- What do you feel will be your biggest challenge(s) in accomplishing your fellowship goals?
- How will you measure the success of your personal contribution?
Ask a faculty member or someone familiar with your community service involvement to provide a recommendation. Brief your recommender with detailed information about the Cultural Bridges Fellowship and your motivations for applying so they can address these points in their recommendation.
A one-paragraph statement of the proposed focus of the fellowship experience. (consider a written "elevator pitch" from which any stranger could understand your project goals and plans).
Project Description and Action Plan
A one or two-paragraph to each of the following:
- Describe a need or issue within Vietnam and how you propose addressing the need/issue. Be as specific as possible about the need and how you identified it.
- Explain how your project will address these needs and/or issue by outlining the overall goal and specific objectives for your work. Strive to define S.M.A.R.T. objectives. Include an approximate timeline of activities.
- Explain how your academic or personal experiences will help you succeed in your project. Include information about why this project is of personal significance to you.
Please submit an unofficial transcript along with your application.